The letters mention that he is boarding in a “large brick building once known as the Flack House,” located “just opposite the Ladies hall.” The “Ladies hall” he references stood approximately where Towers Hall now stands, and can be seen in the second item shared by Ms. Hammond, a round-framed sketch of the dormitory made by Curry. This was one of the two original buildings that were purchased by the United Brethren Church in which to found Otterbein University, and this is only the third known drawing of the building (no known photographs exist.)
Curry, James A., "Ladies Dorm Sketch in Gold Frame" (1859). James Addison Curry Collection. 3.