The mission of the Otterbein Room is to facilitate research related to the history of Otterbein University and the Evangelical United Brethren Church by acquiring, preserving and providing supervised access to historically significant materials.
The University Archive maintains the recorded history of Otterbein University, through documents, photographs, artifacts, and publications of the students, faculty, staff, administration, and alumni of the University. The Otterbein Room also holds some materials pertaining to the United Brethren Church (later the Evangelical United Brethren), and today the United Methodist Church, mostly that which has a direct connection to Otterbein University. A small amount of Westerville historical material that relates to Otterbein is also maintained. In addition, the University Archive holds old, rare, and autographed books from the collection of the Courtright Memorial Library for preservation..
The items found in our archival collections are digital images of historical images, texts, and objects that may be sensitive, or offensive. As an academic institution, we encourage research of both historical and contemporary materials. We encourage you to contact us at email@example.com if you have concerns.
Browse the Archives & Special Collections:
- OTAND Alumni Newsletter
- Productions and Events by Academic Year
- Theatre and Dance Annual Brochures
- Theatre and Dance Faculty Scholarship
- Theatre and Dance Image Galleries
- Theatre and Dance Student Scholarship and Creative Works
- The Lucinda Lenore Merriss Cornell Collection: Ephemera
- The Lucinda Lenore Merriss Cornell Collection: Images
- The Lucinda Lenore Merriss Cornell Diaries